2021 will usher in new ways for people with Medicare to pay their Parts A & B premiums.
People with end stage renal disease (ESRD) can now enroll in Medicare Advantage plans.
This fact sheet provides an overview of the changes to Medicare Part B, Medicare Advantage, and Part D programs that will impact Medicare beneficiaries beginning January 1, 2021.
These changes include:
- A separate reminder letter as part of the Initial Enrollment Period
- An additional new online payment system that can be used to pay Medicare Parts A or B premiums and Part D IRMAA (income-related monthly adjustment amount)
- The opportunity for Medicare beneficiaries with ESRD (end-stage renal disease/kidney failure) to enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan
- Coverage of acupuncture for chronic back pain (which began under Original Medicare in 2020 and is slated to extend to Medicare Advantage in 2021)
- A prior authorization requirement for procedures that include blepharoplasty, botulinum toxin injections, panniculectomy, rhinoplasty, and vein ablation.
Learn more about these and additional changes to coverage in 2021.