With funding from Walmart Foundation, NCOA is supporting 40 community-based organizations to enroll older adults into the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
The Senior SNAP Enrollment Initiative grantees will assist over 40,000 older adults to combat food insecurity.
NCOA's Senior SNAP Enrollment Initiative is a national program that fights senior hunger by supporting efforts by community-based organizations and agencies to assist older adults (i.e., age 60 and over) in applying for and enrolling in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Our goal is to improve the economic security and health of low-income older adults by educating and enrolling them in SNAP, with a focus on reaching rural residents, women, and minorities, specifically Hispanics and African Americans.
With generous support from the Walmart Foundation, we have awarded $2 million in grant funding to 40 community-based organizations across America for SNAP outreach and application assistance efforts. In total, these organizations will help 40,000 older adults submit their SNAP applications.
NCOA provides strategic leadership, technical assistance, and training to help our broad network of partners use proven strategies to enroll older adults in SNAP.
NCOA SNAP Enrollment Initiative Partners
- Agency on Aging of South Central CT (North Haven, CT)
- AgeOptions (Oak Park, IL)
- Area Agency on Aging of Broward County (Sunrise, FL)
- Area Office on Aging of Northwestern Ohio (Toledo, OH)
- Atlanta Community Food Bank (Atlanta, GA)
- Banner Health Foundation (Phoenix, AZ)
- Benefits Data Trust (Philadelphia, PA)
- Boston Senior Home Care (Boston, MA)
- Central Missouri Area Agency on Aging, dba Aging Best (Columbia, MO)
- Centro Cultural del Condado de Washington (Or Centro Cultural) (Cornelius, OR)
- Colorado Nonprofit Development Center dba Benefits in Action (Lakewood, CO)
- Community HealthNet, Inc. (Gary, IN)
- Dallas County Older Adult Services (Dallas, TX)
- Elder Law of Michigan (Lansing, MI)
- Feeding the Gulf Coast (Theodore, AL)
- Feeding Wisconsin (Madison, WI)
- FeedMore WNY (Buffalo, NY)
- Greater Chicago Food Depository (Chicago, IL)
- Greater Cleveland Food Bank (Cleveland, OH)
- HOPES Community Action Partnership Incorporated (Hoboken, NJ)
- Human Resource Development Council, IX (Bozeman, MT)
- Just Harvest Education Fund (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Knoxville-Knox County Community Action Committee (Knoxville, TN)
- Korean Community Service Center of Greater Washington (Annandale, VA)
- Los Angeles LGBT Center – Senior Services (Los Angeles, CA)
- MAC, Inc. (Salisbury, MD)
- MANNA Food Bank, Inc. (Asheville, NC)
- Mexican American Opportunity Foundation (Montebello, CA)
- National Kidney Foundation of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Neighborhood Self Help by Older Persons Project, Inc. (Bronx, NY)
- Nevada Senior Services (Las Vegas, NV)
- New Bedford Council on Aging (New Bedford, MA)
- ONEgeneration (Van Nuys, CA)
- Piedmont Senior Resources (Farmville, VA)
- Puerto Rico Ombudsman Office for the Elderly (San Juan, Puerto Rico)
- RSVP Enid (Enid, OK)
- South Alabama Regional Planning Commission (Mobile, AL)
- South Carolina Department on Aging (Columbia, SC)
- Treasure Coast Food Bank (Fort Pierce, FL)
- Tri-County Action Program, Inc. (Waite Park, MN)
NCOA thanks the Walmart Foundation for their generous support of the Senior SNAP Enrollment Initiative.