NCOA has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Business Development and Capture, in its Crystal City, VA office.
This position will lead the NCOA full lifecycle business development activities.
The incumbent drives the organization's business development strategic growth objectives by building multi-year pipelines and developing winning capture strategies.
We Are NCOA, and we believe every person deserves to age well. That’s why we’re on a path to improve the lives of 40 million older adults by 2030. NCOA, a national voice for every person's right to age well, has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Business Development and Capture in its Crystal City, VA office.
This position will lead the NCOA full lifecycle business development activities. This includes business development, capture management, and proposal management activities. The incumbent drives the organization's business development strategic growth objectives by building multi-year pipelines and developing winning capture strategies. The Director is accountable for the capture of new business opportunities through identification of opportunities and development and growth of a robust, qualified pipeline in accordance with NCOA’s business forecasts, strategic plans, and core capabilities and experience. This subject matter expert is key on planning and recommending relevant business development and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration and to drive tactical and strategic growth.
Ideal candidate will:
- Provide the strategic and operational leadership for all existing and new business development activities with primary focus on three core models; Social Enterprise, Traditional Fundraising, and Government Program implementation.
- Develop capture plans and shaping initiatives for the pursuit and successful capture of key qualified opportunities.
- Lead major capture activities and mentor/train Program managers within the organization.
- Develop plans to conduct customer and partner visits to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements.
- Obtain competitive intelligence and data pertaining to targeted pursuits.
- Make recommendations on bid decisions, development of cost strategies and phase reviews.
- Establish, build, and maintain customer relationships aligned to NCOA’s market.
- Oversee proposals to ensure win strategies are appropriately executed.
- Support creation and execution of multi-year business development strategies that include; engagement plans for current and future customers, setting of financial targets for specific customers, and determining and allocation of dollars for maximum ROI across capture and proposal efforts.
- Develops tools and processes for repeatable use in opportunity qualification, capture management, and proposal management.
- Lead efforts to revise, improve or develop standard operating procedures for business development and capture management.
- Development of SOPs for proposal management, document processes and derive checklists, how-to guides and other tools to assist in generating high quality proposals.
- Perform other duties as required.
Ideal education & experience should include:
- Bachelor’s degree and 15+ years of relevant business development and capture experience
- Expert, hands-on SaleForce experience.
- Demonstrated success in building and executing non-profit opportunity pipelines.
- Demonstrated success in leading and winning major social enterprise, traditional fundraising, and government program opportunities.
- Demonstrated successful relationships with senior level customer officials and program stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of non-profit business development and capture strategies, current acquisition trends, customer behaviors.
- Demonstrated knowledge of competitors and associated bid behaviors in the pertinent market.
- Demonstrated experience managing budgets.
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills.
Please provide a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title your email as, “Director of Business Development and Capture”.
NCOA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NCOA believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.