Falls Prevention Awareness Week, with a theme of "From Awareness to Action," is Sept. 18-22, 2023.
Our June 1 webinar will help you prepare to more effectively reach older adults with falls prevention education.
The webinar will feature a discussion on motivational interviewing, a walk-through of this year's FPAW Toolkit, and a review of NCOA's Falls Free CheckUp.
Join us for a deep dive into preparing for the 2023 observance of Falls Prevention Awareness Week, Sept. 18-22. This year's theme: From Awareness to Action.
Webinar participants will enjoy:
- An overview from Hiroko Kiyoshi-Teo on how to incorporate motivational interviewing when engaging with older adults in falls prevention.
- A walk-through of the Falls Prevention Awareness Week toolkit to highlight new resources and share ideas of how community-based organizations can participate in this annual observance.
- A review of NCOA’s digital falls risk assessment, Falls Free CheckUp.
- Hiroko Kioshi-Teo, PhD, RN, Assistant Professor, School of Nursing, Oregon Health & Science University
- Michelle Mai, MPH, PMP, Senior Program Associate, NCOA
- Donna Bethge, Aging Services Program Specialist, Administration on Aging/Administration for Community Living